Smokeball offers options to apply payments to an individual invoice both during and after the finalization process.
Smokeball makes it easy to make payments to multiple invoices from the same client or even bulk finalize invoices with payments from trust or operating retainer.
- If an invoice has already been finalized, select the Add Payment button.
- Enter payment details in the pop-up window. Select Process once all payment details have been entered.
- If there are funds in trust or operating retainer for this matter, you can apply a payment to an invoice while finalizing the invoice.
- There are two options to apply payments.
- Toggle on Auto-allocate payments to let Smokeball select which account to apply funds from first according to your Smokeball Settings.
- Use the Review option to select how much to apply and from which account.
- Choose specific dollar amounts from the available funds and select Apply Allocations to finalize your payment options.
Once an invoice is paid, you can provide a receipt of that payment.
- Select the invoice statement button to generate a payment receipt for that invoice.
The Invoice Statement will appear in a new tab. The receipt will show all payments applied to the invoice.