Payment Plans help your clients stay current on their payments.
Use Payment Plans in Smokeball Billing to make sure clients are on time with their payments and ensure you get paid properly.
This article walks through everything you need to know regarding Payment Plans.
Creating a Payment Plan
- From the contact go to the Payment Plan tab and select 'Create New Plan.'
- Choose the amount of recurring payment, the frequency, the due date of the first payment, and click next.
- Choose the matters associated with the debtor to include in the payment plan and click save.
Viewing a Payment Plan
- Use the Contacts view to monitor a high level overview of all clients with Payment Plans
- The status column will show which contacts are behind, on track, or ahead of their payment plan.
- Select any contact to see more payment plan details.
- Payment Plans can be monitored on an individual contact level as well.
- (1) Edit the plan at any time. Once the payment plan is complete, you can close the plan.
- (2) Compare the progress (green line) compared to expected plan (red line)The pink line shows the expected plan
- (3) Review how much was paid, how ahead the client is in their schedule, how much is due, total mount due, how many payments are left, and how many days since last payment was made
Adding a Payment
- To enter a payment to a Payment Plan, select "add payment" from anywhere in Smokeball Billing.
- Enter in the payment amount you received and the type
- You will see all the invoices associated with that debtor. Invoices in the payment plan will be indicated by the payment plan (calendar with a dollar sign) icon.
- The Payment Plan icon will turn red if payments are behind.
- Note: Interest is not included in the plan