Setting up specific matter configurations can help keep you more organized, and also take your Smokeball matters to the next level.
Matter Configuration helps standardize re:lines, folder structures, matter tags, stages, and more!
Matter Configuration Basics
- There are two ways to get to Smokeball Settings and add new or edit Matter Configuration.
- Select "Add New" in the Matter Configuration Settings.
- Note: Be sure to select a Matter Type for the Matter Configuration.
- Continue to enter in important details to set up the configuration. The following pages walk through each tab under matter configuration separately.
- Select the link to learn more about each feature of Matter Configuration
Smokeball has default re: lines. Use this setting if you want to set up custom re: lines.
|Default Document Folders||
Set up your folder structure for all files within Matters.
Matter Tags are additional ways to categorize Matter Types. There are some suggestions of matter tags to use on Smokeball's Area of Law Practice Center.
Notes are default post it notes that appear in matters. This feature is often used as a check list for items that need to be received. If you are looking to create a "to-do" list, use Tasks & Workflows instead of Notes.
|Time & Fees||
Time & Fees can default the Billing Type, Fee, and automatically create a fee entry.
Relevant URLs is a setting to use for Smokeball's "Publish Online" Feature. This feature allows you to take any file in Smokeball and upload it to a website. If you are looking to E-file, use Smokeball's integration with Infotrack for the best user experience. Learn more about InfoTrack.
Stages is where you set your default Matter Stage. Matter Stages are a way to track the status of your matters from start to finish. You can set up multiple types of stages that can be applied to matters. Learn more about Matter Stages.
- Once you have set up Matter configuration, double click any matter type to edit,
- The image below shows matters that are already configured. The , means that I have entered information into those fields.