Smokeball's integration with Outlook is one of the most important features. When you start an email chain from Smokeball, emails are saved automatically to the appropriate matter.
If you receive and email in Outlook, it is quick and easy to assign the email and any attachments to the appropriate matter.
Once all emails are saved in Smokeball, it is simple to manage, review, and find exactly what you are looking for from the email tab in a matter. In addition, all time spent composing and reviewing emails is automatically tracked in Smokeball.
If you find yourself sending sensitive documents or email messages, the best practice is to use Communicate for secure file sharing and messaging. Learn more about Communicate.
- From a matter action bar, select the Email button.
- Appropriate parties associated with a matter will be available to email.
- Once you have included any recipients select next.
- Compose the body of your email and send your email.
- Attach files and even convert Word files into PDFs with a few simple clicks.
- Communicate is a secure way to share sensitive files and send messages with clients or any third parties. Learn more about Communicate.
- All emails send and all responses to that email chain will be automatically saved to the appropriate Smokeball Matter with other files.
- Choose to filter or use the Email tab of the matter to review emails
- You can manage and review emails from the email tab in a matter. It is very similar to having an individual mailbox for each Matter.
- To save an individual email/file: Search or Browse for a matter in the Smokeball toolbar at the bottom of an email
- Right click on an attachment to save the attachment only
- It is easy to save multiple emails at the same time. Select multiple emails by holding "control" or "shift" on your keyboard.
- (1) Right click and select save to Smokeball
- (2) Search or browse and select a matter
- (3) Choose which attachments to save
- (4) Select "ok"
- Note: Depending on how many emails you are saving and attachments, there may be a delay in all emails appearing in Smokeball