The objective of your first training is to help you be able to migrate matters into Smokeball and start using all the core productivity features.
During your first Smokeball Training, you will learn the basics how to:
- Navigate around Smokeball
- Create matters including importing exiting files and folders
- Create letters, captions, and begin using the Forms & Templates Library.
- Manage your emails in Smokeball
Once you have the basics of Smokeball down, Smokeball has features to take your firm to the next level. Review Foundations: Essentials for a high level overview of additional important features in Smokeball.
Foundations: Basics Topics
Smokeball is a powerful, yet intuitive program designed to help you from start to finish running your practice.
- Once you log into Smokeball, it is easy to get to anything you need from the home screen.
- (1) File, Smokeball, Communicate Time & Expenses, Firm Insights, Support Tabs
- (2) Action Bar
- (3) Matters, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Activity Intelligence (A.I.), Reports
- (4) Matters
- (5) Daily Digest
- (6) Search
- Learn more about navigating through Smokeball.
Once Smokeball is configured, you are ready to start creating matters to Smokeball. Although this may seem like an intimidating task, Smokeball makes it really easy to create matters and get everything you need into one place. I only takes a couple minutes to start using the core features of Smokeball.
- Start creating matters and import your files.
- Use Matter Type Favorites or Templates to quickly create Matters.
- Learn more about creating Matters.
Depending on your area of law, you can utilize some of the best practices below when entering parties into a matter for your contacts to help with automation.
- For example: it may be necessary to add two separate parties on the same matter or add two parties tied together on one contact.
- Learn more about Contacts Best Practices.
While documents can be created directly in Smokeball, documents and folders created elsewhere can also be saved to your matters.
- When you import folders, the current folder structure is maintained.
- Use the Matter Action Bar or drag and drop files or folders into Matters.
- Learn more about Importing Files and Folders
Smokeball's calendar syncs directly with Outlook.
- Every event created in Outlook will appear in Smokeball and every event entered in Smokeball will appear in Outlook.
- Smokeball integrates with Zoom for seamless billing for virtual meetings as well.
- Learn more about Calendar Events.
One of the most powerful features in Smokeball is document creation with Microsoft Word. Smokeball is your place for all your proprietary templates, but also includes a robust library of Forms & Templates.
|Blank Letter & Caption||
During your configuration, Smokeball will upload your letterhead and court caption to be used when generating documents. Learn more about creating blank letters and captions.
|Forms & Templates Library||
Smokeball has a robust library of templates and jurisdictional Court & Authority forms.
Smokeball can generate forms in Word and PDF. Create shortcuts for your commonly used forms and templates or search to find anything you may need. If there is a publicly available form that is not already in Smokeball's library, send in a request for the form to be added.
If you do not see any forms or templates available, make sure your Form Suites are properly configured in Smokeball Settings.
Learn more about the Forms & Templates Library.
Smokeball's integration with Outlook is another important core feature.
- When you start an email chain from Smokeball, emails are saved automatically to the appropriate matter.
If you receive and email in Outlook, it is quick and easy to assign the email and any attachments to the appropriate matter.
- Once all emails are saved in Smokeball, it is simple to manage, review, and find exactly what you are looking for from the email tab in a matter.
- All time spent composing and reviewing emails is automatically tracked in Smokeball.
- Learn more about Email Management in Smokeball.
Want to have Smokeball at your fingertips?
- Download and start using the Mobile Application.
- Learn more about the Smokeball Mobile Application.