The objective of Foundations: Essentials training is to build on everything you learned in Foundations: Basics and introduce additional features that can help take your firm to the next level.
At this point, you should have created some matters and started using many core features so this is your opportunity to review anything you know and ask questions on anything important to your firm.
A variety of topics may be covered, but in Foundations: Essentials, you will learn how to:
- Review Activity Intelligence to get ready to bill
- Create Time & Expenses for billing
- Send secure messages and files through Communicate
- Create Tasks or standardized Workflows to never miss an important to-do
After your first two trainings, you will be in great shape to see a lot of benefits in Smokeball, but Smokeball has so much more to offer. Learn more about additional powerful features in Going Further training or browse all the additional resource available.
Foundations: Essentials Topics
- Activity Intelligence is similar to having an activity tracker like a fit bit or pedometer that helps you remember everything you are doing throughout the day including events, tasks, documents, emails, memos, and even matter administration.
- Use this Activity Intelligence to prevent missing any potential billable time for Smokeball Billing and understand firm profitability in Firm Insights.
- Learn more about Activity Intelligence.
Now that you have been using Smokeball for a period of time, it is important to understand how to create time, fee, and expense entries in Smokeball.
- Depending on your firm, you may start transitioning to Billing in Smokeball.
- Learn more about Time, Fee, and Expense Entries in Smokeball.
- Learn more about Getting Started with Smokeball Billing.
We call it Communicate because you can use it for so much more.
- Send messages or files securely to any client or third party
- Chat internally with staff or create internal channels
- Send text message
- Receive important messages on firm profitability reporting and more!
- Learn more about Communicate
Tasks are a great way to keep track of any important to-do's for the firm. Workflows are a series of repetitive tasks that you can use across all matters.
- Tasks can be assigned to specific staff members to create firm wide accountability.
- Learn more about Tasks
- Learn more about Workflows