Automatically Populate Matter Data from a Title Search - VIC Sale
Utilising your InfoTrack Integration, you can now populate matter data from your Title search, saving you time and eliminating the chance of typographical errors.
When creating a VIC Sale matter, the screen now looks like this:
What you can do from this window:
When a volume and folio is entered and the title reference is selected, if there is more than one address a list is presented to select one.
When a title reference or address is entered, a list of potential matching properties will be displayed, click on the correct entry to select.
Order Title will already be ticked. Hovering over the ‘$’ will indicate the cost associated with the order and the benefit of populating the matter from the title. The cost is based on the firm account with InfoTrack so will differ from firm to firm.
If all the Vendors live at the property address, select the Vendor(s) live at the ‘Property address’ radio-button so that all Vendors are on one card with the Property Address set as the address if new contact cards are created during the pre-population process.
If all the Vendors live at the same address which is not the property address, select the Vendor(s) live at the ‘Another address’ radio-button so that all Vendors are on one card if new contact cards are created during the pre-population process.
If none of the above apply, select the Vendor(s) live at the ‘Different address’ radio-button so that each Vendor is on a different card if new contacts are created during the pre-population process.
Create matter will order the title search, save the title to the matter, create an expense item and most importantly, begin the pre-population process.
Sit back and watch the magic happen:
The matter is now created and pre-populated with data from the title!
- Vendor(s) contact card added to the matter
- Vendors contact card will include property address as their current address (if lives at property address was selected)
- Property details will include street address, title reference Council, Parish & County details
- Relevant Council is added a a contact to the matter
- Discharging Mortgagee(s) is added as a contact to the matter
How Contact Cards are detected or created:
- If exact name matches are found for existing contact cards for Vendor, Council or Mortgagee they will be added to the matter.
- If there are no existing contacts that are possible matches for the Vendor, Council or Mortgagee, new contact cards will be created.
- If there are possible matches found for the Vendor, Council or Mortgagee, a pop-up screen will be shown for the user to review the matches.
You will see the below screen, make your selection by using the radio button options, then click OK
Create Matter from Free Title Extract
- The Vendor and Discharging Mortgagee will not be populated when using the free title extract
- Populates Property Details and Council
Create Matter Without Data Pre-Population
You are still able to create a matter without entering anything in the title / address search field.
Simply click Create and the matter is created as normal with no title lookup, no title order, and no pre-population of data.
If you require any further assistance please contact us