Contacts in Smokeball allow you to collect and store a variety of information in one place about a person, organisation, or trust to be referenced or automated in letters and forms. Every contact will be tagged based on their role in a particular matter, but you can add additional custom contact tags on top of the default Smokeball tags. Before everyone in your firm starts using contact tags, the best practice is to discuss what custom tags you want to use (Example: You don't want to have similar tags that serve the same purpose - "Holiday List" and "Christmas List").
Contact Tagging can be used to create additional lists that can be exported to CSV (Excel). The exported lists can be used for a variety of things, but not limited to Email Marketing. Talk to your account manager or trainer on ways you can utilise contact tags for your firm.
Add a Contact Tag
Open any contact card:
- See default contact tags
- Add additional custom tags
Note: You can add as many additional tags as you wish
Rename or Remove Tags
You can rename and/or remove a tag from a contact card, by right clicking on the tag you want to amend:
- Rename: this will rename the entire tag across all contacts. After renaming it, press enter to save your changes
- Remove: this will only remove the tag from the specific contact card you are in
Did you know...
- If you want the remove a contact tag entirely, you can access the Contacts view from Smokeball Home Screen and right click on the tag to remove it. This will remove the tag across all contacts it was applied to.
- Smokeball also has a similar feature called Matter Tags that can help you organise your matters. Talk to your Client Relationship Manager about some ideas of how to utilise matter tags for your practice.