Learn how to accurately track invoices by assigning different billing frequencies to specific matters.
- Open a matter file in Smokeball Bill, Smokeball Boost or the web app. Select Edit Matter in the top-right corner.
- Navigate to the Billing Fees and Rates section and choose an option from the Billing Frequency drop-down menu:
- Annually - choose a starting month
- Monthly - choose all months, odd months or even months
- Quarterly - choose the group of starting months
- Hold - choose this to identify matters that are being worked on but should not be billed yet
- Select Save Matter.
View all invoices under a specific billing frequency
Use the Billing Frequency filter on the left panel of the Invoices and Create Invoices pages to view invoices with a specific billing cycle.
Filtering on the Create Invoices page will also allow you to easily create invoices in bulk without having to manually remember the billing frequencies of specific matters.