Streamline your firm's billing process by utilizing the email templates provided in Smokeball. By default, Smokeball will include your firm’s logo at the top of the email, provide a payment link near the top of the email, and is designed to render well in popular email clients such as Gmail and Outlook.
You can change the subject line and body text of invoice, invoice reminder, and evergreen retainer emails sent from Smokeball.
- Select the cogwheel in the upper right-hand corner to access firm settings.
- Select the Email Templates link and then select the Invoices, Invoice Reminders, or Evergreen Retainers tab to edit a template.
- In this section you can amend the email templates for sending out invoices, sending out reminder notices for overdue invoices, and sending reminders to top up the trust account.
- You can also use 'Template Placeholders' to insert fields that will pick up information from the matter/invoice.
- Select the Save button to finalize your changes.
- Use the Send a Copy of the Email to the User toggle to generate a copy of the message for your email account.
- Under Invoices, you can also attach a copy of the invoice along with your message using the Attach the Invoice to the Email as a PDF Document toggle.
- Use the Notes textbox to add additional instructions for your Invoice Reminders.
- Selecting the Show an Account Summary on the Invoice toggle under Invoice Reminders will also give you the option to display the transaction history for each account.
- Learn more about sending Invoice Reminders in.