Bulk Finalizing with Payments is a feature that allows you to automatically apply funds from trust or operating retainer to invoices in a few steps.
Rather than finalize and apply payments to invoices one at a time, bulk finalize to get paid faster.
Set up Bulk Finalize with Payments
Configure your default funds in Finalize with Payments under Trust Settings and select which funds to use first when bulk finalizing with payments.
- Select the gear icon and then select Firm Settings.
- Select the Accounts tab and then select Finalize with Payments.
- Use the arrows to choose which funds to use first when bulk finalizing with payments.
- Select Save.
Finalize invoices with payments
- To Bulk Finalize Invoices with payments, select the Finalize with Payments tab under invoices.
- Use the filters to change your view.
- Select all or individual invoices you which to bulk finalize by using the checkboxes.
- Toggle on/off auto allocation of funds based on your settings.
- Select Finalize & Pay.
- Funds will be used from the either the trust or operating account first depending on your selections in Firm Settings described in the previous section.
- If there are multiple draft invoices for the same matter, funds will be applied to the oldest invoice first.
- Note: There is an option to print checks directly from this screen as well.
Did You Know
If a matter has multiple contacts with money in retainer, an icon will display next to the matter. Hover over the icon to read the tooltip.