Smokeball Billing supports voucher checks and standard check template.
How to Set Up and Print a Check in Smokeball Billing
- In Trust Settings in Smokeball Billing Firm Settings, activate check printing.
- Select Trust Check Settings and "activate trust check printing."
- Choose check style and preference for printing checks.
- Save your settings.
- When you process a Trust Payment or make a payment, the option to print a check will become available.
- When ready to print checks, from Accounts, select print checks, and process.
- Enter the first check number, select the checks you want to print, and process.
- You can override the check date by selecting an appropriate date. Otherwise, the date will default to the date the checks are processed.
- Note: If you have not processed any Trust Payments, the Print Check button will show no checks are available to print
- The checks will process and be available for printing by selecting the download at the bottom left of the screen and printing.
- When you print the check, make sure "fit to page" is unchecked and select print.
Did You Know
- You can print Operating Checks for advance expense costs. Learn more about Operating Checks.
- You can print a check when making a payment to an invoice. Once you select that you are making a payment to an invoice from trust, an option will appear to print a check now, later, or manually write out the check.