Family Law firms use matter tags in a variety of ways. You can set up different sets of matter tags to help further differentiate Pre-Decree, Post-Decree, Custody/Support/Visitation, etc. Additionally, you can apply an unlimited amount of matter tags to organize your matters or run custom reports.
Here are some examples of some matter tags to implement for Pre-Decree Matters:
- Further differentiate matters: Spousal Support, Child Support, Property, Custody
- Status of the case: Pre-Filing, Settlement, Discovery, Mediation, Pre-Trial
- Other useful tags: High Demand Client, High Conflict, OOP (Orders of Protection / Restraining), BK (Bankruptcy), Contested, Uncontested
Here are some examples of some matter tags to implement for Custody, Support, and Visitation Matters:
- Status of the case: Mediation, New Case Filing, Modification, Petition for Rule
- Other useful tags: Allocation of Parental Responsibility, Parenting Time Plan, Child Support
If you are unsure what tags could be useful to your firm, reach out to your Account Manager for additional help.
Once you assign a tag to a matter, it will appear at the top of the matter.
1. Within your open matter, click the at the top right of the screen. Add (1) Staff Tags or (2) Custom Tags
2. Click outside the tag box to close it.
To add an additional tag within your open matter Edit Tags and add additional default options
Did you know...
- You can organize your matters on the home screen by matter tags using the filter