This article will show you how to:
- Create a 'Children' matter
- Enter the Case Details
- Enter the Relationship Details
- Enter the Children's Details
- Add additional Children
- Add Additional Contacts, (Eg. Independent Children's Lawyer, Barrister)
- Change a General matter to a 'Children' matter
To create a new 'Children' matter, follow the steps below.
- Select Family > Children > Next
- Enter the parties' details. For each party, after entering the Name and Contact Details, click on the Advanced view and enter the Additional Details, including Occupation, Birth Date, and Language of Interpreter (if applicable).
- Next, select the Relationship role of each party.
- If applicable, also select the Court Role. You can always go back and select this Role at a later time.
- Enter the Case Details, including the Case Number (the Court File Number).
- Next, enter the Court, including the Street Address, PO Box Address and DX Address.
- Next, enter the Registry and the Judicial Officer.
- You can also enter the details of the Pleadings and Court Listings under the Court Proceedings tab.
- Once you select the details of the relevant Court Listing/s, then select Create Events, you can make these entries available in your and/or another Staff member's Calendar.
- The Case Details layout will display as follows on your matter:
- To enter the Relationship Details, you can either enter an exact date for Cohabitation and Separation or enter only a month and year.
- Select an exact date for Marriage and Divorce (if applicable) and enter the place of marriage.
- Enter the Name and Contact Details for the subject child or children.
- As with the parties' details above, enter the applicable Additional Details including Birth Date.
- Next, enter the Primary Care Giver and the Educational Institution they attend (if applicable).
- The matter will then display as follows.
To add additional children to a matter, Right-Click on the name of the first child and select Add Child. Then add their details as you would for the first child.
- To add further Contacts to your matter such as an Independent Children's Lawyer or Barrister, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate Contact.
- You will then be able to enter the contact details for that additional contact.
To change an existing General matter to a Children matter, Double-Click on 'Matter Type', enter the Reason For Change, select change, select Children, then press OK.