Children and Property

This article will show you how to:

Creating a Children and Property Matter

To create a new Children and Property matter, follow the steps below. 

  1. Select New Matter > Family > Children and Property > Next
  2. Enter the parties' details. For each party, after entering the Name and Contact Details, click on the Advanced view and enter the Additional Details, including Occupation, Birth Date, and Language of Interpreter (if applicable).
  3. Next, select the Relationship role of each party.
  4. If applicable, also select the Court Role. You can always go back and select this Role at a later time. 

Entering the Case Details

  1. Enter the Case Details, including the Case Number (the Court File Number). 
  2. Next, enter the Court, including the Street Address, PO Box Address and DX Address.  
  3. Next, enter the Registry and Judicial Officer
  4. You can also enter the details of the Pleadings and Court Listings under the Court Proceedings tab. 
  5. Once you select the details of the relevant Court Listing/s, then select Create Events, you can make these entries available in your and/or another Staff member's Calendar.
  6. The Case Details layout will display as follows on your matter: 

Entering the Relationship Details

  1. To enter the Relationship Details,  you can either enter an exact date for Cohabitation and Separation, or enter only a month and year.
  2. Select an exact date for Marriage and Divorce (if applicable). Enter the place of marriage. 

Adding Additional Contacts or Data

  1. To add further Contacts or Data to your matter such as Barrister,  Valuer or Independent Children's Lawyer, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate Contact/s.
    ICL image for property.png
  2. You will then be able to enter the relevant information and contact details for those Contacts onto your matter.

Entering the Children's Details

  1. Enter the Name and Contact Details for the relevant child.
  2. As with the parties' details above, enter the applicable Additional Details including Birth Date.
  3. Next, enter the Primary Care Giver and Educational Institution (if applicable). 
  4. The matter will then display as follows.

Change a General Matter to a Children and Property Matter 

To change an existing General matter to a Children and Property matter, Double-Click on 'Matter Type', enter the Reason For Change, select change, select Children and Property, then press OK.  
chaning matter type 1.png

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful

Articles in this section