If you are encountering issues with updating your Smokeball desktop client to Version 8.10, follow this troubleshooting guide before contacting our Support Team.
Before you begin
The following steps require Administrator privileges on your computer. Send a link to this article to your IT administrator if this applies to your firm.
- Restart your computer.
- Pause, disable or uninstall your computer's antivirus software.
- Navigate to the following path: C:\Program Files\Smokeball
- Delete the binaries folder.
- Download and install the .NET6 SDK.
- Download and install the .NET Core.
- Download the following files to C:\Program Files\Smokeball
- Run the Smokeball 8.10.38 Bootstrapper file as an Administrator.
If Version 8.10 fails to run after following these steps, get in contact with our Support Team.