For many firms, trust deposits are essential for efficient billing. You can make the trust deposit process even faster with credit card payments.
First, customize trust deposit request emails sent to clients:
- Select the gear icon in the Smokeball Web App.
- Select Email Templates and then select the Deposit Requests tab.
- Edit the text in the Email Body as needed and then select Save.
Once these steps are complete, the Credit Card Deposit request form will include the modified email message. You can specify the payment owed by using the Amount field and add a note for the request using the Reason field.
You can further edit the email message of the individual request further by selecting the Edit Email button.
Did You Know
- You can use Smokeball Payments or Smokeball’s integration with LawPay to accept credit card deposits for a trust account or email clients with a request for a credit card payment.
- Saved credit cards cannot be used for trust or operating retainer. Saved credit cards can be used for one-off invoice payments.
- You can also store a credit card to a client's payment profile.