There are several ways to enter your time or fixed fee entries in Smokeball Start. It is important to note that if you create an entry from the "+" in the upper left, you will need to specify the appropriate matter.
Time & Fees can be created and edited in Smokeball Start. This article demonstrates how to create Time & Fixed Fee Entries in all areas of Smokeball Start.
Time or Fixed Fee Entries in Smokeball Start
There are several places to review, enter, or edit time in Smokeball Start.
- Select "New Time Entry" on your matter and complete the form to create your entry.
- (1) Enter the date, duration, rate/fixed fee, and subject.
- (2) Provide additional descriptions (optional).
- (3) Review what the time entry will look like on an invoice on the right side of the window.
- (4) Click "Save". The "Save & New" button can be used to enter several entries in succession.
- You can also select "Time Entry" or "Expense Entry" from the list of quick actions.
- For faster manual entry of time or fees, set up Activity Codes and use the quick actions button shown above.
- You can set up your Activity Codes by going to Firm Settings > Time & Activities. Learn more about Activity Codes.
- If editing multiple entries, the best practice is to use the "Time Entry Review" panel.
- Select "Time Entry Review" to expand the panel.
- If you need to select multiple items as billable or non-billable, use the checkboxes to individually select the time/fee entries (1) and use the Bulk Actions button to apply the changes (2).
- There is also a select all checkbox at the top of the table (3).
- NOTE: This bulk action is also available for expense entries.
Did You Know?
- You can add last-minute time and fixed fee entries when creating a draft invoice.